Reporting to the Director of Design & Innovation, the Architectural Designer is responsible for developing designs and presentations for architectural, interior, urban infill, and greenfield development projects, at the early conceptual and pre-construction stages.
- Develop designs using analog and digital techniques (drawings, sketches and models) for multiple project types including: commercial, industrial, multi-family residential, and mixed-use high-rise.
- Prepare 3D models and generate plans, elevations, sections, and perspective images of buildings, spaces and assemblies, in order to communicate design intent.
- Prepare neat and clear presentation packages for in-house and external clients.
- Extract data from models for quantitative analysis.
- Stay current with latest BIM software, plugins, techniques and methodologies, including VR, AR, 3D printing, and computational design.
- Research past and current trends in architectural and urban design.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Architecture
- Up to 4 years of design experience
- Strong design and presentation skills
- Proficient in BIM software (Revit)
- Proficient in 3D modeling and visualisation software (Enscape, SketchUp)
- Proficient in presentation and graphics software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Attentive to detail
- Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills
- Proficient in hand drawing and sketching, an asset
- Familiarity with computational design and scripting an asset (Dynamo, Python)
- Familiarity with VR, AR and 3D printing an asset
- Bilingual (English and French), an asset