Reporting to the Director of Design & Innovation, the BIM Coordinator is responsible for the preparation and manipulation of 2- and 3-dimensional models during the pre-construction and construction phases. The BIM models are used for visualisation, coordination, clash detection, quantification, construction logistics, and 4D scheduling.
- Work closely with construction project managers and stakeholders to identify project BIM goals and uses.
- Participate in developing BIM Execution Plans on a project-by-project basis.
- Prepare and manipulate 3D models, produce documentation and visualizations for internal and external communication purposes, and extract data for quantitative analysis.
- Champion 3D coordination on active job sites and act as liaison with project team, consultants and subcontractors to facilitate BIM processes.
- Run and analyze BIM model clash detection and communicate conflicts.
- Participate in BIM-based coordination meetings with project managers, project coordinators, superintendents, key subtrades, architects and engineers.
- Ensure project stakeholder compliance with approved BIM Execution Plans.
- Prepare and maintain 4D scheduling models.
- Stay current with latest BIM software, plugins, techniques and methodologies.
- Support and train construction site teams in the use of VDC tools
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions that will enhance or improve processes.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in building, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering
- Up to 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Previous work experience in design, architecture or engineering, an asset
- Proficient with BIM software (Revit, Navisworks, BIM360)
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Attentive to detail
- Bilingualism is mandatory (French & English)
- Excellent oral, written, and graphical communication skills